- A Chinese-style dish of fried noodles with shredded meat or seafood and vegetables.More example sentences
- We had pork fried rice, sweet & sour chicken, chicken chow mein with pan fried noodles and an order of broccoli beef.
- I had beef chow mein and she had something vegetarian, but I don't remember what it was called.
- The Cantonese chow mein was one of the better choices, obviously freshly tossed together.
late 19th century: from Chinese chǎo miàn 'fried noodles'.
More definitions of chow meinDefinition of chow mein in:
- The British & World English dictionary