Definition of chromakey in English:
A technique by which a block of a particular color (often blue or green) in a video image can be replaced either by another color or image, enabling, for example, a weather forecaster to appear against a background of a computer-generated weather map.
- During rehearsals for the main ITV1 programmes, the channel decamps to a small single-camera chromakey studio, which wasn't too bad with the old look as you almost couldn't tell to look at it visually.
- Arm yourself with Eejit's ‘Film Lingo’ and you'll soon know your cookie from your cutaway, your capture card from your chromakey, so you can easily cut to your closeup.
- You've seen chromakey in action, even if you might not know what it is.
verb (chromakeys, chromakeying, chromakeyed)[with object] Back to top
Manipulate (an image) using chromakey.
- The anchor sergeant is shot against a blue screen, and chromakeyed in post over the virtual set, which we created in Strata 3DPro.
- But for those whose editing programs won't handle the pre-keyed footage, we've chromakeyed it so you can key it yourself.
- If the polarity of the area signal is reversed, the region which can be chromakeyed is reversed as a matter of course.
Definition of chromakey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan