- 1Chromium plate as a decorative or protective finish on motor-vehicle fittings and other objects: [as modifier]: a chrome bumperMore example sentences
- The tiled bathrooms have been finished with chrome fittings and each apartment has a modern, individually designed fitted kitchen with extractor unit.
- The body is all steel and has the original chrome bumpers, grille, and mirrors.
- Made in a multitude of styles and configurations, they're finished in chrome, platinum, matte platinum, and brass.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting compounds or alloys of chromium: chrome dyesMore example sentences
- Many chrome dyes are normal acid azo dyes containing hydroxyl or amino substituents in the ortho position to the azo linkage.
- 1.2 short for chrome yellow.
early 19th century: from French, from Greek khrōma 'color' (because of the brilliant colors of chromium compounds).
More definitions of chromeDefinition of chrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary