A reddish-purple crystalline compound used in solution in photographic processing and as a mordant in dyeing.
- Chemical formula: K2SO4Cr2(SO4)3.24H2O
More example sentences
- Feel free to increase the concentration of chrome alum, but be aware that the solution becomes deeply colored.
- What if you use the slides for immunostaining and you have a nice underlayer of chrome alum below the section?
- Mixing gelatin, chrome alum and water makes the gelatin subbing solution.
Definition of chrome alum in:
- The British & World English dictionary