Definition of chrome alum in English:
A reddish-purple crystalline compound used in solution in photographic processing and as a mordant in dyeing.
- Chemical formula: K2SO4Cr2(SO4)3.24H2O
- Feel free to increase the concentration of chrome alum, but be aware that the solution becomes deeply colored.
- What if you use the slides for immunostaining and you have a nice underlayer of chrome alum below the section?
- Mixing gelatin, chrome alum and water makes the gelatin subbing solution.
Definition of chrome alum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.