- A brownish-black mineral that consists of a mixed oxide of chromium and iron and is the principal ore of chromium.More example sentences
- Layered intrusions commonly occur with mafic intrusions where the minerals (such as olivine, pyroxene, chromite, magnetite and plagioclase) have a wider range of specific gravity, and the magma viscosity was low.
- Il is envisaged that while the footwall anorthositc was still unconsolidated possibly to a depth in excess of 10m, liquefaction of part of this interval occurred, and at a similar time chromite commenced accumulating.
- Early minerals, such as the chromium-bearing mineral chromite, crystallize early and are denser than the surrounding magma.
More definitions of chromiteDefinition of chromite in:
- The British & World English dictionary