Definition of chromogenic in English:
1Involving the production of color or pigments, in particular.
- Clot-based methods recover up to 50% lower activity for these products than the chromogenic assays which can have significant clinical implications for the management of patients with hemophilia A.
- The salvinorins react with this chromogenic reagent to produce pinkish-purple spots on the plates.
- Determination of the endotoxin activity by the chromogenic Limulus test.
1.1 Photography Denoting a modern process of film developing that uses couplers to produce black-and-white or color images of very high definition.
- Though the technology is now a couple of decades old, according to dealers chromogenic films are enjoying a resurgence among photographers.
- That gallery also includes a large chromogenic colour print by photographer Andreas Gursky, famous for his deadpan images.
- It is hard to imagine a more perfect illustration than Thomas Demand's large-scale chromogenic prints from 1997-98 of meticulously constructed modern scenarios.
1.3 Microbiology (Of a bacterium) producing a pigment.
- In 1902, Beijerinck reported that chromogenic bacteria are attracted to light.
- Teeth discoloration in children could be due to plaque, chromogenic bacteria producing pigments, which impart different colours to the plaque attached to the teeth, and localised enamel hypoplasia.
Definition of chromogenic in:
- British & World English dictionary