Definition of chrysanthemum in English:
noun (plural chrysanthemums)
1A popular plant of the daisy family, having brightly colored ornamental flowers and existing in many cultivated varieties.
- The corporation parks department created displays of autumn flowers, including chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies, geraniums, salvias and primuli.
- I went upstairs on the roof and sat among the potted plants, among the violets and chrysanthemums and marigolds and daisies.
- Vegetable harvest coincides with bright autumn foliage, chrysanthemums, asters and sedum.
1.1A flower or flowering stem of the chrysanthemum plant.
- A square pewter container was next, containing black dogwood stems, large green chrysanthemums, white lilies, the palest green flowers surrounded by senecio and rosemary, and yellow cymbidium orchids cascading over the edge.
- In this study a mathematical description has been developed for both hydraulic conductivity and conduit length distribution as functions of height in a chrysanthemum stem.
- Last year I potted up a bunch of cut chrysanthemums that had rooted in the vase.
Words that rhyme with chrysanthemumhelianthemum
Definition of chrysanthemum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan