- A yellowish-green or brownish variety of olivine, used as a gemstone.More example sentences
- The whole was embroidered with hundreds of pearls laced with two agates, twelve chrysolites, twelve garnets, a gold-mounted sapphire and a large pendant pearl.
- Amber, fluorite and chrysolite are recommended.
- Stones and metals fall under the rulership of planets, not signs, but through its association with Venus, Libra has affinity with copper, sapphires, marcasite, lapis lazuli and chrysolite.
late Middle English: from Old French crisolite, from medieval Latin crisolitus, from Latin chrysolithus, based on Greek khrusos 'gold' + lithos 'stone'.
More definitions of chrysoliteDefinition of chrysolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary