Definition of chub in English:
A thick-bodied European river fish with a gray-green back and white underparts, popular with anglers.
- Leuciscus cephalus, family Cyprinidae
- Nine thousand young stickleback, roach, dace, chub and eels died along an 11 km stretch of the beck.
- At the close he had taken 36 lb 8oz of small carp, ide, orfe, chub and skimmers.
- In the Great Lakes region, alewives, smelt, sculpin and chubs make up a large portion of the lake trout diet.
Late Middle English: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with chubblub, bub, Chubb, club, cub, drub, dub, flub, grub, hub, nub, pub, rub, scrub, shrub, slub, snub, stub, sub, tub
Definition of chub in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan