(also chukar partridge)
Definition of chukar in English:
A Eurasian partridge similar to the red-legged partridge, but with a call like a clucking domestic hen.
- Genus Alectoris, family Phasianidae: two species, in particular A. chukar
- The Stoney Brook Preserve is an intensely managed, multi-habitat property with lodgings that offers deer, pheasant, dove, chukar, Hungarian partridge, duck, bass and trout fishing.
- Higher up, grasslands are home to burrowing owls, chukars, and peregrine and prairie falcons.
- Designed to bring women of varying skill levels together in the field, the Women on Target program has organized a variety of women-only hunts for 2002, including pursuing turkey, antelope, ducks, pheasants, chukars and whitetail deer.
early 19th century: from Sanskrit cakora.
Definition of chukar in:
- British & World English dictionary