(also chukar partridge)
Definition of chukar in English:
A Eurasian partridge similar to the red-legged partridge, but with a call like a clucking domestic hen.
- Genus Alectoris, family Phasianidae: two species, in particular A. chukar
- The Stoney Brook Preserve is an intensely managed, multi-habitat property with lodgings that offers deer, pheasant, dove, chukar, Hungarian partridge, duck, bass and trout fishing.
- Higher up, grasslands are home to burrowing owls, chukars, and peregrine and prairie falcons.
- Designed to bring women of varying skill levels together in the field, the Women on Target program has organized a variety of women-only hunts for 2002, including pursuing turkey, antelope, ducks, pheasants, chukars and whitetail deer.
early 19th century: from Sanskrit cakora.
Definition of chukar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia