(also sweet cicely)
Definition of cicely in English:
noun (plural cicelies)
An aromatic white-flowered plant of the parsley family, with fernlike leaves.
- Genera Myrrhis and Osmorhiza, family Umbelliferae: several species, in particular the European M. odorata, grown as a pot herb and used in herbal medicine, and the North American O. claytoni
- The sweet cicely, which I have always had in the bed in front of the dining room, is in flower again.
- The root of sweet cicely can be boiled and eaten.
- One of the first herbs to appear in the spring, sweet cicely makes a becoming backdrop to a perennial border.
Words that rhyme with cicelySicily
Definition of cicely in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan