Definition of cider in English:
noun(also sweet cider)
1North American An unfermented drink made by crushing fruit, typically apples.
- I used to drink apple cider until they started talking about the need for it to be pasteurized.
- Complimentary cookies, coffee and apple cider will be served throughout the day.
- The baby shower was Sunday afternoon, and the cheesecake and apple cider were overflowing.
1.1 (also hard cider) An alcoholic drink made from fermented crushed fruit, typically apples.
- On the night in question, it is claimed that vodka, cider and an alcopop were on offer to youngsters.
- This time, I had more cider, wines and tequila than is good for a person.
- Mr Williams said Luke had drunk brandy, cider and taken cannabis before he smashed a window in the house.
Definition of cider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan