1Relating to or denoting members of an ancient nomadic people who overran Asia Minor in the 7th century bc.
- A full Jurassic succession is rarely preserved in the southern North Sea Basin because of erosion associated with the late Cimmerian unconformity.
- Like other blocks of the Cimmerian continent, the Baoshan block rifted from Gondwanaland.
- The Cimmerian islands, the present Turkey, Iran and Tibet, broke completely free of the Australian craton and moved rapidly to the north.
2 Greek Mythology Relating to or denoting members of a mythical people who lived in perpetual mist and darkness near the land of the dead.
- His eyes adjusted to the now familiar gloom of the Cimmerian's headquarters.
- There the people dwell, Of the Cimmerians, in eternal cloud And darkness.
A member of the historical or mythological Cimmerian people.
- In this sequel to Conan the Barbarian, Robert E. Howard's proud Cimmerian sets forth on a heroic quest to recover a magical treasure and restore the life of his beloved Valeria.
- Although this is billed as a Conan story, we really don't see too much of the Cimmerian warrior.
Words that rhyme with CimmerianAlgerian, Cancerian, Chaucerian, criterion, Hesperian, Hitlerian, Hyperion, Iberian, Liberian, Nigerian, Presbyterian, Shakespearean, Siberian, Spenserian, Sumerian, valerian, Wagnerian, Zairean
Definition of Cimmerian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.