Definition of cinder in English:
A small piece of partly burned coal or wood that has stopped giving off flames but still has combustible matter in it.
- Two years ago, a couple claimed their child was burned by a flying cinder from a train.
- Firewalking refers to the activity of walking on hot coals, rocks or cinders without burning the soles of one's feet.
- She alone has the presence of mind to remove a burning cinder from a table full of explosives.
- Example sentences
- The waves pound the coast hard enough to send a tremor through the cindery sand.
- As the road snakes up and over the cindery shoulder of Lassen Peak, it climbs through conifer forests to lake-dotted meadows.
Definition of cinder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan