Definition of cinema in English:
1A movie theater.
- The films were screened in cinemas across the city and at community meetings.
- For some very strange reason we are now seeing in cinemas a British film that was made four years ago.
- In England the film was mainly shown in art house cinemas to art house audiences.
1.1The production of movies as an art or industry: the history of American cinema
More example sentences
- I don't think Irish cinema has produced anything better than The Butcher Boy.
- The film also boasts one of the most unexpected plot devices in the history of cinema, which truly has to be seen to be believed.
- I worked with every single legend in the history of Indian cinema that was alive at that time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia