- 1A movie theater.More example sentences
- The films were screened in cinemas across the city and at community meetings.
- For some very strange reason we are now seeing in cinemas a British film that was made four years ago.
- In England the film was mainly shown in art house cinemas to art house audiences.
- 1.1The production of movies as an art or industry: the history of American cinemaMore example sentences
- I don't think Irish cinema has produced anything better than The Butcher Boy.
- The film also boasts one of the most unexpected plot devices in the history of cinema, which truly has to be seen to be believed.
- I worked with every single legend in the history of Indian cinema that was alive at that time.
early 20th century: from French cinéma, abbreviation of cinématographe (see cinematograph).