Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of cinemagoer in English:
A person who goes to the cinema, especially on a regular basis: cinemagoers want to watch something they know they’ll enjoy
More example sentences
- The idea of enduring several hours of smug comedy songs may be enough to deter many cinema-goers from parting with the entrance fee.
- In Paris, cinema-goers enjoy a wealth of choices, with over 300 films showing every week.
- What few cinema-goers realised was that the scene in the film was a reconstruction of a real event.
- Example sentences
- The forty-something cinemagoing audience is our fastest growing.
- Whereas cinemagoing has been in decline, the actual watching of films has not and is probably greater than ever.
- It's a complete peach of a movie, and one that should be watched by every member of the cinemagoing public.
Pronunciation: /ˈsɪnəməˌɡəʊɪŋ/noun& adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.