Entry from British & World English dictionary
A person who goes to the cinema, especially on a regular basis: cinemagoers want to watch something they know they’ll enjoy
More example sentences
- I've never been what you could call an avid cinemagoer, primarily because I don't have the time.
- In an effort to make a film more accessible to your average cinemagoer, adaptors make the mistake of changing the story too much and losing the point.
- Put a modern cinemagoer in front of an ancient staging of Oedipus Rex, and they could easily follow it.
- Example sentences
- Whereas cinemagoing has been in decline, the actual watching of films has not and is probably greater than ever.
- It's a complete peach of a movie, and one that should be watched by every member of the cinemagoing public.
- Talking during films has made cinemagoing such a tense experience for me that I now mainly avoid it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.