Definition of cinematic in English:
1Of or relating to motion pictures: cinematic output
More example sentences
- His sporadic cinematic output has been combined with fierce public attacks on the general media situation.
- The year's cinematic output had everything to do with the complex cultural climate.
- It is, perhaps, an appropriate time to release a cinematic biopic on the life of Alfred Kinsey at the moment.
1.1Having qualities characteristic of motion pictures: the cinematic feel of their video
More example sentences
- Her music already has a cinematic quality about it, and it is a facet of her sound she'd love to explore further.
- The music has a cinematic quality which conjures up images of film noir classics.
- The film was unexpectedly cinematic, lending a savage beauty to the east Midlands suburbs where it was set.
- Example sentences
- Though it is undoubtedly one of the the most cinematically inventive American movies in years, it hadn't received a single Oscar nomination.
- I found this film to be uninteresting, uncompelling, cinematically drab, and mean.
- The film is young and fresh, cinematically poetic, yet abstract in its message.
Words that rhyme with cinematicachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of cinematic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.