- A large North American fern whose fertile fronds are cinnamon-colored in spring.
More example sentences
- Osmunda cinnamomea, family Osmundaceae
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- Beneath the woody plants grow netted chain fern, cinnamon fern, sensitive fern, and various sedges and rushes.
- Where the woods border the Housatonic River appear colonies of large cinnamon fern, ostrich fern, and royal fern, along with the somewhat smaller sensitive fern.
More definitions of cinnamon fernDefinition of cinnamon fern in:
- The British & World English dictionary