Definition of cinnamon fern in English:
A large North American fern whose fertile fronds are cinnamon-colored in spring.
- Osmunda cinnamomea, family Osmundaceae
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- Beneath the woody plants grow netted chain fern, cinnamon fern, sensitive fern, and various sedges and rushes.
- Where the woods border the Housatonic River appear colonies of large cinnamon fern, ostrich fern, and royal fern, along with the somewhat smaller sensitive fern.
Definition of cinnamon fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan