Definition of circinate in English:
1Rolled up with the tip in the center, for example the young frond of a fern.
- Most also have circinate branch tips, which unroll like the fiddle head of a fern.
- Droseraceæ are known from Violaceæ by their circinate leaves.
1.1 Medicine Circular in appearance.
- The transilluminated retinal image of the right eye at autopsy shows a circinate, elevated, perimacular retinal fold.
- Hard exudates may form a circinate pattern around a leaking microaneurysm.
Early 19th century: from Latin circinatus, past participle of circinare 'make round', from circinus 'pair of compasses'.
Definition of circinate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.