Definition of circularize in English:
1Distribute a large number of letters, leaflets, or questionnaires to (a group of people) in order to advertise something or canvas opinion.
- Companies, firms, businesses and individuals have been circularised and may contact any of the following regarding sponsorship and/or entries.
- They only realised the full implications of the story when they were forwarded the e-mail that had been circularised to the national media.
- Some customers locally have been given notice of the impending closure, but not all houses appear to have been circularised as yet.
2 Biochemistry Make (a stretch of DNA) into a circular loop.
- The plasmid DNA was then circularized with ligase and used to transform E. coli.
- Upon injection into the cell, the cohesive ends anneal and are ligated, circularizing the chromosome.
- The digested DNA was circularized by self-ligation.
- Example sentences
- Ira provided a very convincing argument that, after infection, late gene expression must require circularization of the injected DNA.
- A large pool of DNA sequences was investigated by different authors, and their propensity to circularization was experimentally determined and predicted by theoretical approaches.
- Direct evidence for RNA circularization is shown in this illustration.
Words that rhyme with circularizesingularize • formularize
Definition of circularize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan