- another term for lost wax.More example sentences
- Most of the main metalworking techniques were well developed, including casting (in two piece and cire perdue (lost wax) moulds), alloying, annealing, sheet metalwork, riveting, wire-making, graving, and soldering.
- The lost-wax process (cire perdue) remains the tried and true method.
- They have been beautifully inscribed on both sides of the tablet, either from a mould using the cire perdue (lost wax) technique or, more probably, by direct engraving on the bronze.
late 19th century: French, literally 'lost wax'.
More definitions of cire perdueDefinition of cire perdue in:
- The British & World English dictionary