- Cloud forming a broken layer of small fleecy clouds at high altitude, usually 16,500–45,000 feet (5-13 km), typically with a rippled or granulated appearance (as in a mackerel sky).More example sentences
- The breeze was soft, but bracingly cool, and the deep blue of the sky was checkered with a high cirrocumulus web, glinting golden and magenta in the glancing sunlight.
- The type of clouds most often found in the high level étage are cirrus, cirrocumulus and cirrostratus.
- They are similar to the higher cirrocumulus, but are larger and have dark, shadowy sides.
More definitions of cirrocumulusDefinition of cirrocumulus in:
- The British & World English dictionary