- A fragrant liquid occurring in citrus and lemongrass oils and used in flavorings and perfumes.
More example sentences
- A terpene; chemical formula: C10H16O
- An example of counteraction is mixing citral, a pale-yellow liquid used in the perfume and flavoring industries, to neutralize the amines emitted from decaying meat in the dumpster behind a restaurant.
- Odors used included amyl acetate, which smells like bananas; phenyl ethyl alcohol, which smells like roses; propionic acid, which smells like vinegar; eugenol, which smells like cloves; and citral, which smells lemony.
- A tall, vigorous plant with light green leaves, small white flowers and an intense lemon aroma, it has been bred for greater genetic uniformity and higher content of the lemon-scented oil citral.
More definitions of citralDefinition of citral in:
- The British & World English dictionary