Definition of cityscape in English:
1The visual appearance of a city or urban area; a city landscape: shades of red brick which once colored the cityscape
More example sentences
- Not all development is good; some of it is hideous, but most of the projects we are talking about are earmarked for areas where the cityscape has already been set.
- Most theatres and concert halls contribute to the cityscape and weave of urban life.
- Think of how the property boom in the UK has reshuffled towns and cities - changing cityscapes, mental maps, cultural capital, urban imagery.
1.1A picture of a city.
- Thematically, works range from portraits and self-portraits, cityscapes, crowd scenes and spectacles to cultural icons.
- His subject matter ranges from portraits to cityscapes, harbor scenes, still lifes and sports figures.
- Bravura brushwork and florid lines characterize the rigorous and dazzling craftsmanship evident in each of the portraits, cityscapes and elaborate figure compositions that were on view.
Words that rhyme with cityscapelandscape • seascape
Definition of cityscape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.