Definition of civil engineer in English:
An engineer who designs and maintains roads, bridges, dams, and similar structures.
- It concentrates on supplying dedicated software systems to resellers as well as to architects, engineers, construction companies, mechanical engineers, civil engineers and industrial design companies.
- In the same vein, maybe instead of employing civil engineers to design our bridges, we should just let the public pick a design via auction.
- Imagine if civil engineers built bridges with the same careless attention to fundamental engineering practices as many software developers.
civil engineering noun
- Example sentences
- The use of explosives in civil engineering is common in a large numbers of applications and it remains a critical operation to set up.
- A difficult problem in civil engineering work exists when the sub-grade is found to be clay.
- He has a doctorate in civil engineering and does transportation and safety engineering.
Definition of civil engineer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan