- A war between citizens of the same country. See also American Civil War, English Civil War, Spanish Civil War.More example sentences
- We can tell that they've had civil war after civil war and that much of their population is unemployed.
- This rivalry had involved civil wars, peasant uprisings, and religious strife of every description.
- This acted as the trigger for a series of civil wars, as reactionaries and progressives battled both with the French and each other.
More definitions of civil warDefinition of civil war in:
- The British & World English dictionary