- A minute branchiopod crustacean of the order Cladocera, which includes the water fleas.More example sentences
- Adult land-locked fish eat mostly zooplankton, especially larger varieties such as copepods, cladocerans, mysids, and ostracods.
- Examples of animals in the P. spathula diet are copepods, cladocerans such Daphnia pulex, and ephemeropteran nymphs.
- The carapace of cladocerans covers the throrax/abdomen but not the head, and is folded down the midline giving them a bivalved appearance.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting cladocerans.More example sentences
- Two current areas of research promise to enhance developmental studies on cladoceran hemoglobins, however.
- Egg size, the zoological counterpart of seed size, has not been nearly as well studied, but is known to correlate positively with genome size in cladoceran crustaceans and plethodontid salamanders.
- The predatory cladoceran Cercopagis pengoi has extended its range over the past decade from the Ponto-Caspian basin into the Baltic Sea and the Laurentian Great Lakes.
More definitions of cladoceranDefinition of cladoceran in:
- The British & World English dictionary