- An outdoor social gathering at which clams and other seafood (and often chicken, potatoes, and sweet corn) are baked or steamed, traditionally in a pit, over heated stones and under a bed of seaweed.More example sentences
- We went to clambakes and barbecues all over New England.
- Yes, it's an old-style clambake at the Manor tonight.
- If your idea of a relaxing vacation on the coast involves bundling up for a clambake instead of palm trees and rum punch, a trip to Cape Cod is just the ticket.
More definitions of clambakeDefinition of clambake in:
- The British & World English dictionary