Definition of clarify in English:
verb (clarifies, clarifying, clarified)[with object]
1Make (a statement or situation) less confused and more clearly comprehensible: the report managed to clarify the government’s position
More example sentences
- She was not available for comment, or to clarify the exact circumstances surrounding the case.
- A further consultation was required to clarify the situation and restore trust.
- I hope that clarifies the situation for members.
2 (often as adjective clarified) Melt (butter) in order to separate out the impurities.
- Ghee, which is clarified butter, is another commonly used recipe item and is often used for frying.
- Clarifying butter removes the water and milk solids, leaving pure butterfat.
- The cooked and clarified butter is then spooned off to avoid disturbing the milk solids on the bottom of the pan.