Definition of clarify in English:
verb (clarifies, clarifying, clarified)[with object]
1Make (a statement or situation) less confused and more clearly comprehensible: the report managed to clarify the government’s position
More example sentences
- She was not available for comment, or to clarify the exact circumstances surrounding the case.
- A further consultation was required to clarify the situation and restore trust.
- I hope that clarifies the situation for members.
2 (often as adjective clarified) Melt (butter) in order to separate out the impurities.
- Ghee, which is clarified butter, is another commonly used recipe item and is often used for frying.
- Clarifying butter removes the water and milk solids, leaving pure butterfat.
- The cooked and clarified butter is then spooned off to avoid disturbing the milk solids on the bottom of the pan.
Words that rhyme with clarifyscarify
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan