A North American plant with showy white, pink, or purple flowers, cultivated as a border plant in gardens.
- Genus Clarkia, family Onagraceae
More example sentences
- Cool-season annuals such as clarkia, Iceland poppy, lobelia, pansy, and stock can't stand intense summer heat.
- The poppies and clarkias began to straighten up, and the smaller shrubs saw the sunlight again.
- Many old favourites are here, including poppies, daisies and clarkias and hollyhocks.
modern Latin, named after W. Clark (see Clark, William), who discovered it.
Definition of clarkia in:
- The British & World English dictionary