An aromatic herbaceous plant of the mint family, some kinds of which are used as culinary and medicinal herbs.
- Genus Salvia, family Labiatae: several species, in particular the southern European S. sclarea, which is used in perfumery and from which an essential oil (clary sage) is obtained
More example sentences
- Aromatherapists often suggest using the oils of birch, lavender, black pepper, clary, ginger and marjoram to alleviate backache.
- Our free plants have included annuals such as purple and pink clary, Californian poppies, English marigolds, and red nasturtiums.
- Add 10 drops of an essential oil with a calming fragrance, like clary sage.
Definition of clary in:
- The British & World English dictionary