Definition of clary in English:
An aromatic herbaceous plant of the mint family, some kinds of which are used as culinary and medicinal herbs.
- Genus Salvia, family Labiatae: several species, in particular the southern European S. sclarea, which is used in perfumery and from which an essential oil (clary sage) is obtained
- Aromatherapists often suggest using the oils of birch, lavender, black pepper, clary, ginger and marjoram to alleviate backache.
- Our free plants have included annuals such as purple and pink clary, Californian poppies, English marigolds, and red nasturtiums.
- Add 10 drops of an essential oil with a calming fragrance, like clary sage.
Definition of clary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia