nounLaw , North American
- A lawsuit filed or defended by an individual or small group acting on behalf of a large group.More example sentences
- The decision Friday was the result of a class action lawsuit on behalf of half a million sick Florida smokers.
- This takes no account of any liabilities that may be triggered by law suits and class actions against the company and its directors.
- But after the drug was withdrawn, 9,000 lawsuits were filed, many of them as class actions, seeking recovery for millions of individual users and their insurers.
More definitions of class actionDefinition of class action in:
- The British & World English dictionary