Definition of classifier in English:
1A person or thing that classifies something.
- It makes decisions through its employed classifiers who decide what classification an artistic work should receive before being released to the wider public.
- The objective of this article is to describe several of the more widely used machine learning classifiers that may have utility when used with empirical population genetics data.
- The question of whether it can be used to classify lesions using more advanced statistical techniques (e.g., using combined classifiers and linear discriminant analysis) will be answered in a separate study.
1.1 Linguistics An affix or word that indicates the semantic class to which a noun belongs, typically used in numerals or other expressions of counting, especially in Chinese and Japanese, e.g. head in two head of cattle.
- A look at a non-western language such as Dyirbal reveals a four-way classification, so that each noun must be preceded by a classifier telling what category it belongs to.
- Classifier languages typically dispose of a range of classifiers, which focus on the properties of the instance (perceptual, functional, etc.)
- Language is a classifier without which we feel lost, said Golay.
Words that rhyme with classifierpacifier
Definition of classifier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.