- A constituent fragment of a clastic rock.More example sentences
- The clasts in volcaniclastic rocks may range from fine ash to bombs and enormous blocks.
- This is substantiated by the presence of eroded Permian carbonate clasts.
- The siltstones contain poorly sorted angular fragments of quartz, and angular clasts and cleavage fragments of plagioclase and alkali feldspar.
mid 20th century: back-formation from clastic.
More definitions of clastDefinition of clast in:
- The British & World English dictionary