Definition of clavicle in English:
Technical term for collarbone.
- The shoulder girdle is formed by the scapulae (shoulder blades) and clavicles (collar bones).
- When all support is disrupted or detached, the distal clavicle loses all ligamentous connection, allowing it to rise superiorly.
- The clavicle and scapula together form the shoulder girdle.
early 17th century: from Latin clavicula 'small key', diminutive of clavis (because of its shape).
- Example sentences
- In 100 cases, the dorsal scapular artery arose from the following clavicular regions.
- No distal clavicular resections or subacromial decompressions were performed during the same procedure.
- Supernumerary clavicular muscles are numerous but uncommon.
Pronunciation: /klaˈvikyələr, klə-/adjective
Definition of clavicle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan