- Any of a group of minerals that occur as minute sheetlike or fibrous crystals in clay. They are all hydrated aluminosilicates having layered crystal structures.More example sentences
- Most of the crystal groups were coated with a thick layer of an unidentified clay mineral that was almost impossible to remove without destroying the specimen.
- In clay slopes, the clay mineral platelets realign themselves parallel to the direction of movement, giving a very low angle of internal friction between the grains, and the slope is said to be at residual strength.
- The clay mineral succession at Armenia is very similar to that at Albion Island.
More definitions of clay mineralDefinition of clay mineral in:
- The British & World English dictionary