Definition of clear up in English:
1(Of an illness or other medical condition) become cured: all my health problems cleared up
More example sentences
- After taking medication, Sarah's condition appeared to clear up.
- They offer to change your life by clearing up chronic conditions, lifting depressions, boosting your immune system and making you happy as well as healthy.
- The condition usually clears up within 7 to 14 days.
2.1(Of rain) stop.
- And after three days of heavy rain, it cleared up minutes before the ceremony.
- There didn't seem to be quite a big a rush at first this year, but they began to pack in as the day went on, when the rain cleared up.
- The rain even cleared up by the time we got to the registry office which meant we could take photos outside.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.