Definition of clematis in English:
A climbing plant of the buttercup family that bears white, pink, or purple flowers and feathery seeds. Several kinds are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Clematis, family Ranunculaceae
- Of note is the purple clematis which climbs up the wall.
- Clematis alpina is usually among the earliest clematis to bloom in the spring.
- Plant climbing flowers like morning glories or clematis at the foot of the arch.
Definition of clematis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia