- A synthetic drug used in the treatment of asthma and other respiratory diseases and also in veterinary obstetrics. It also promotes the growth of muscle and has been used illegally by athletes to enhance performance.More example sentences
- Evidence of effectiveness is surprisingly thin for most drugs, and completely absent for others, including clenbuterol and insulin.
- It was his second offence in two years, having been banned for nine months in October 2003 after testing positive for the steroid clenbuterol.
- The CHRB also added the bronchodilator clenbuterol to its list of therapeutic medications.
1970s: from c(h)l(oro-) + (ph)en(yl) + but(yl) + er + -ol.
More definitions of clenbuterolDefinition of clenbuterol in:
- The British & World English dictionary