Definition of cleome in English:
A plant of a chiefly tropical genus that includes the spider flower. Cleomes are noted for their long stamens.
- Genus Cleome, family Capparidaceae
- Late-spring-to-frost annuals include the numerous sun coleuses, cleomes, periwinkles and zinnias.
- Impatiens and cleomes are two longtime favorites of the summer garden.
- Tall flowers, like cleome and tithonias, are planted on the outside of the fence, concealing the utilitarian purpose of the garden.
Definition of cleome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan