Definition of click into place in English:
1(Of an object, especially part of a mechanism) fall smoothly into its allotted position.
- Hearing the mechanism click into place, Alana resolutely threw the key as far from her into the void of her mind as possible.
- It clicks into place in an upright position when needed.
- If the retaining ring has not been correctly clicked into place, the positional locking cap will not click into place.
1.1Become suddenly clear and understandable: everything has clicked into place for the organization
More example sentences
- As soon as we saw each other everything clicked into place.
- With the acquisition of the controlling stake in the major US satellite group DirecTV, everything was clicking into place.
- While everything seems to be clicking into place, there is however, one burning question.
Definition of click into place in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan