Definition of click into place in English:
1(Of an object, especially part of a mechanism) fall smoothly into its allotted position.
- Hearing the mechanism click into place, Alana resolutely threw the key as far from her into the void of her mind as possible.
- It clicks into place in an upright position when needed.
- If the retaining ring has not been correctly clicked into place, the positional locking cap will not click into place.
1.1Become suddenly clear and understandable: everything has clicked into place for the organization
More example sentences
- As soon as we saw each other everything clicked into place.
- With the acquisition of the controlling stake in the major US satellite group DirecTV, everything was clicking into place.
- While everything seems to be clicking into place, there is however, one burning question.
Definition of click into place in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.