Definition of climatic in English:
Relating to climate: under certain climatic conditions, desert locusts increase in number
More example sentences
- It was a portent of climatic things to come, which culminated in the worst floods in living memory in cities such as Prague and Dresden.
- Wayne attributes this unexpected birth so far south to climatic changes that are seeing warmer waters.
- As well as the threat of climatic change, several countries are interested in stepping up the commercial krill fishery.
- Example sentences
- Whether European honeybees were equally or better fit than Africanized honeybees in the ecological and climatical conditions of southern Texas may never be known.
- Scientists have shown over the last years that our planet is going through a climatical change.
- Such climatical conditions are conducive for the cultivation of mulberry trees, sericulture and fish farming.
- Example sentences
- With a chilling blast blowing through the city, Saturday night's Winter Ball could not have been scheduled on a more climatically appropriate evening.
- The young Francoise, sent to continue her schooling in Holland, culturally and climatically a world apart from Java, was devastated.
- The present outbreak of fires, as those before them, coincided with climatically dry periods in central Sumatra.
Words that rhyme with climaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of climatic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan