Definition of climatology in English:
The scientific study of climate.
- The manuscripts provide a written testimony to the skill of African scientists, in astronomy, mathematics, chemistry, medicine and climatology in the Middle Ages.
- Among these are astronomy, climatology, ecology, evolutionary biology, geology, and paleontology.
- Such measurements of hours of bright sunshine have limitations when applied to the study of climatology of grapevines.
- Example sentences
- These ‘anomalies’ describe the difference between anticipated rainfall and temperature and climatological average rainfall and temperature for spring or summer.
- The climatological observatory was located 200 m from the variety trial plots.
- Of the various climatological elements such as sunlight, humidity, temperature, rainfall, evaporation, and wind, the canopy has greatest effect on sunlight, wind, and evaporation.
- Example sentences
- We climatologists describe this in terms of the climate sensitivity, the warming that results in equilibrium from a doubling of CO2.
- It was not long before naturalists and climatologists began to see the possible damage that was being done to the environment.
- These have been broken down by climatologists into four main periods.
Words that rhyme with climatologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of climatology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan