Definition of climber in English:
1A person or animal that climbs: leopards are great tree climbers
More example sentences
- And naturally, they are expert tree climbers as well.
- Jenkins says that he sees no sign that tree climbers are slipping into a macho ‘summit or bust’ mindset.
- There's a side of me that enjoys watching these tree climbers having their deep fun.
- Each year they receive dozens of calls reporting lost walkers, stranded climbers or injured mountaineers.
- We have had a long history of walkers and climbers coming here and we would certainly welcome the mountain bikers.
- Sherpas, the Himalayan locals living in the borders of Tibet and Nepal, challenge the mountain routinely when assisting climbers and also deeply subscribe to this belief.
1.2A climbing plant.
- Terraces brim with pot plants and climbers - honeysuckle, hydrangeas, lavender.
- When planting tree roses, climbers or ramblers with long stems, tie them to stakes or supports immediately after planting.
- More than 20,000 smaller trees and shrubs of varying types will also be planted, including climbers trained across the environmental barrier.
1.3 see social climber.
Words that rhyme with climberJemima, mimer, old-timer, part-timer, primer, rhymer, timer
Definition of climber in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.