- 1A fact, argument, or event that settles a matter conclusively: his two-run double was the clincherMore example sentences
- This book - another in the long line of fabulous limited edition books from Genesis Publications - is the clincher in that very argument.
- Anderson secured the clincher in 73 minutes, his accurate header from Aitken's cross bringing a happy end to a day of mixed emotions.
- It was a gamble that paid off in the most golden of coinage when Fletcher netted the play-off clincher four minutes later.
- 2 (in full clincher tire) A bicycle or automobile tire that has flange beads that fit into the wheel rim.More example sentences
- The requirements of a rim for clincher tires are completely different from those of a rim for tubular tires.
- Another difference between it and other tire makers is that Vredestein makes clincher tires - and only clincher tires.
- Michelin, one of the oldest players in the bicycle tire business, saw its clincher tires ridden to seven Tour de France stage wins last year.
More definitions of clincherDefinition of clincher in:
- The British & World English dictionary