Definition of clingfish in English:
noun (plural same or clingfishes)
A small fish occurring mainly in shallow or intertidal water, with a sucker for attachment to rocks and other surfaces.
- Family Gobiesocidae: several genera and species, including the shore clingfish (Lepadogaster lepadogaster) of Europe and West Africa
- It is the most widespread of 4 species of clingfish in the family Gobiesocidae found in British seas.
- Sonora clingfish live under rocks, to which they cling, and in little or no water.
- His research interests are leatherjackets, clingfishes, biodiversity in shallow reefs and the Leeuwin Current.
Definition of clingfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan