Definition of clingy in English:
adjective (clingier, clingiest)
(Of a person or garment) liable to cling; clinging: at about 18 months my son became very clingy clingy leggings
More example sentences
- Where once she was outgoing and confident, now she is clingy and dependent.
- If this week people are clingy and dependant, easily offended and insecure, don't be manipulated by their whims of steel.
- She was dependent on me, she was clingy and needy, and she didn't have a strong support system.
- Example sentences
- But I got bored with more than Steph's clinginess.
- I'm sure the clinginess is part of the annoyingness.
- What could be a joyous occasion, as well as an important milestone in your life, is usurped by someone else's clinginess.
Definition of clingy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan