- An instrument used for measuring the angle or elevation of slopes.More example sentences
- The DBH was measured at 1.3 m and height was measured using a clinometer.
- He rappelled it with a clinometer to accurately measure the pitch: a sickening 72 degrees.
- So they decided to go out and measure, using a clinometer made out of cardboard, a plastic straw, and a plum line.
early 19th century: from Greek klinein 'to slope' + -meter.
More definitions of clinometerDefinition of clinometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary