- A mineral of the pyroxene group crystallizing in the monoclinic system.More example sentences
- The sample is a weakly foliated granulite formed of plagioclase, orthopyroxene, clinopyroxene and minor hornblende.
- Ye et al. recently reported abundant exsolutions of clinopyroxene, rutile and apatite in garnet of a Yangkou eclogite sample.
- This flow consists of about 30 percent plagioclase, clinopyroxene, and olivine, as small phenocrysts.
early 20th century: from clino- in the sense 'monoclinic' + pyroxene.
More definitions of clinopyroxeneDefinition of clinopyroxene in:
- The British & World English dictionary