Definition of clipping in English:
1A small piece trimmed from something: hedge clippings and grass cuttings
More example sentences
- This is why it is such a shame so many of us don't bother, simply chucking out our grass cuttings and hedge clippings with the rest of the household rubbish.
- Will the recycling depots accept all garden rubbish irrespective of type, ie grass cuttings, hedge clippings?
- Use kitchen vegetable waste, plus ‘tougher’ garden residues such as leaves, grass clippings and hedge prunings.
1.1An article cut from a newspaper or magazine.
- She had taped and pasted the various clippings, articles and newspaper photos only a few days ago.
- Steve opened the drawer under his desk and pulled out a pile of magazines and newspaper clippings.
- One is full of clippings from newspaper and magazines of Dad; one is full of clippings from newspapers and magazines of Mum.
cutting, snippet, extract, excerpt
Words that rhyme with clippingchipping, dripping, snipping, whipping
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan